Obtaining Credit by Exam in a Foreign Language
Note - Students who are proficient in French, German, or Spanish should take a CLEP exam.
If a student has experience equivalent to the content of a course described in the current catalog, upon approval of the department, credit may be earned for the course by passing an examination equivalent to a final course examination. Students must receive departmental approval for any Baylor departmental exam. The CBE fee of $205 will be added to the student's Baylor account when the permission slip is submitted. Baylor's Credit by Exam policies are available at CBE Policies.
The professor to contact for each language is listed below:
- Arabic - Abdul Saadi, Associate Professor of Arabic, Abdul_Saadi@baylor.edu
- Chinese - Xin Wang, Associate Professor of Chinese Studies, Xin_Wang@baylor.edu
- Czech - Eva Hruska, Lecturer of Russian, Eva_Hruska@baylor.edu
- Italian - Tiziano Cherubini, Lecturer of Italian, Tiziano_Cherubini@baylor.edu
- Japanese - Yuko Prefume, Senior Lecturer of Japanese, Yuko_Prefume@baylor.edu
- Korean - Kim Uber, Lecturer of Korean, Sonia_Uber@baylor.edu
- Polish - Eva Hruska, Lecturer of Russian, Eva_Hruska@baylor.edu
- Portuguese - Lizbeth Souza-Fuertes, Director of Latin American Studies, Lilly_Fuertes@baylor.edu<
- Romanian - Cristian Bratu, Associate Chair & Division Director of French & Italian, Cristian_Bratu@baylor.edu
- Russian - Michael Long, Department Chair, Michael_Long@baylor.edu
- Vietnamese - Marie Level, Senior Lecturer of French, Marie_Losonsky@baylor.edu
- Other languages - Michael Boerm, Senior Lecturer of French, Michael_Boerm@baylor.edu
The Department of Modern Languages & Cultures is located in 275 Old Main Bldg.